Thursday, August 27, 2009

creative cat

I love the creativity that comes out of my first-born. Today while me and the girls were crafting, Joelle came up with this:

This is the outside of her house:


And this is what she drew on the inside:
I love the detail she put into this kitchen. On top of the cupboards -- those colorful rectangles -- are the miscellaneous collection of crafts that the girls have made in pre-school and kindergarten. They're really just in a couple of scattered piles on top until I figure out what to do with them, but she drew them all nicely in a row. :)

Then on top of the stove is a replica of some of the miscellaneous items I have on my stove (salt & pepper shaker, little basket of jams). And look at the cute bananas in the fruit bowl. Mine are actually just laying on the counter, but she saw it fit to make these ones sit in a bowl :)

Then there's the little stereo. I don't have one in my kitchen anymore, but it wasn't too long ago that I did and she obviously remembers that. Then there's the clock on the wall. And my favorite part of this little gem -- on the far right side of the drawing -- a toaster. But not just a toaster...a toaster with a slice of toast that has popped up and is steaming from the heat. :)

I can't wait to see her creativity continue to blossom!

9 comments:

andrea said...

her attention to detail is amazing! very creative daugther you have!

Sheila said...

She's pretty darn good!! I love it!

Kathy and Carl said...

That is just so cool! I think we have a creative architect in the house.....

Jamie said...

That is great!

Margo said...

So cute! I have a toilet paper roll that Jessica drew a picture on years ago and I just can't part with it.

jackie said...

that's really neat! she's very creative! feels like i haven't seen your girls in such a long time!

Colleen said...

I know!! Watching them grow up and discover their talents is such a gift! Way to go on the weightloss and running challenge. . I'm cheering for ya!

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

Love the creativity! My nieces are both pretty creative too, and I just love watching them as they draw. Right now, they are into designing clothes, including entire outfits with all the accessories! So cute!

Melanie said...

That is soooo cute!! That is some excellent drawing that Joelle can do- I'm impressed!