Thursday, August 20, 2009

short & sweet

I thought I should give you all a quick little update on my mental/emotional state since the last post wasn't all that positive.

While I still have an 'off' day here and there -- I can finally say that the good days far outweigh the bad days! The higher dose of the Welbutrin seems to have kicked in, and now it is a rare thing when I feel anxious. There are still days where I do have to entertain this feeling though, and I'm not quite sure what triggers those days, or why the drugs don't seem to work *all* the time.

I do have a doctor's appointment coming up at the beginning of September, so I'll ask my doctor some questions at that time...but at this point, I am hesitant to go off of this and try yet another drug, not knowing what withdrawal would be like this time around!

I feel like I have had a wasted summer though since I have been so emotionally wrecked and exhuasted for most of it. I still have the "if only's" play through my mind...mainly "If only" I had waited to go off of Paxil until after I started my Biggest Loser competition. If I would've been able to conquer weight loss purely with my own efforts, I might not have ever had to go off of Paxil to begin with...

But what's done is done so I am trying to leave all of that in the past and just look ahead. So just so you all know, I am doing much better than that hopeless post a couple of weeks ago.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

That is wonderful news!! I have been praying for you. I have also struggled with anxiety and I know what a terrible feeling it is to have, so you been in my thoughts a lot lately. Hope you continue to feel better!!

Pam said...

I'm glad to hear that you have been doing better. My own anxiety and emotions are out of control right now but I think it is due to going back to work. Hopefully you keep feeling better and better!

ValleyGirl said...

Ah well, weather-wise it's been a really crappy summer anyway, so you haven't missed much!!

I'm glad you're feeling more your normal self again and that things seem to have settled. Hopefully, it'll continue to improve and you won't need to switch meds again.

Kathy and Carl said...

So glad that things are leveling out for you. Don't worry and think that the summer is wasted. Think about how awesome the fall will be! Think of how great it will be to look forward to Christmas. Blessings!!!

beautyinallthings said...

"There are still days where I do have to entertain this feeling though, and I'm not quite sure what triggers those days, or why the drugs don't seem to work *all* the time."


I read a really good book when I was dealing with my anxiety disorder by H. Norman Wright. It is a small, easy, read. You will not be disappointed with it. It is called, "Finding Freedom From your Fears". One of the best things he said in that book was that you will not stop experiencing some fear. Stop trying to get rid of all your fear. You wouldn't try to get rid of ALL your joy. It is an emotion God has given you and you can't ever get rid of it entirely. It is when you let it rule you that it is not an emotion God intended. Be encouraged. I want to send you that book. Can you email me with your address so I can do that? Thanks
esoggy70@yahoo.ca

TammyIsBlessed said...

Like Tammi said, at least it was a "good" summer to have wasted, if you had to waste one.

I'm so glad things are on the upswing!`

Kelly said...

So glad to hear that things are turning for the better. Here's hoping the good days always outweigh the bad!

amy said...

Praying for better news every day!!! Anxiety and depression stink!

Roo said...

inch by inch my friend.....xo