Tuesday, August 4, 2009

wait -- what the...?? my thumb! it's changing color!!

Remember my not-so-green-thumb that was very obviously displayed last summer? Go ahead -- check it out to refresh your memory. It will make the next picture seem that much more stunning.

Okay, did you look?

Ahem...Now, ladies & gentlemen...it gives me great pleasure to introduce to you my Summer '09 Flower Garden. Of which I have taken care of about 90% of the time, thank you very much; including weeding (yes, weeding). At least once I figured out what was a weed and not part of my flowers. :) Hey, it's a learning curve!

It appears that my thumb has transformed into an unfamiliar green-ish hue. Huh. Will wonders never cease!?

**Les wants me to mention that he did about 99% of the planting, though**

8 comments:

andrea said...

whoo hoo! it's looking really good! who thought flowers could actually be beautiful ALL summer! great work...and give Les a hand on the back!!!

Pam said...

Good for you!

TammyIsBlessed said...

Woohoo - go green thumb!

Jenn said...

They are beautiful. You are turning over so many new leaves. The love of summer, running, keeping plants alive! Look at you go!

Joanna said...

Planting smanting - just like a guy on the whole I planted the seed but didn't carry the baby for 9 months. Wait, we were talking about plants. Um, same thing, right? ;)

They look pretty and they aren't dead. Job well done!

Rebecca said...

Good for you! I didn't know thumbs could turn color - there's hope for me yet!

Erin said...

good for you. i am in the process of trying to turn my thumb into a more greenish color too. it is a tough. but i am enjoying it, some what :)

Roo said...

soooo purty!