Wednesday, September 23, 2009

knock on wood

I am not what you would call the superstitious type; not at all. However, when Malia selected a coloring book for me yesterday afternoon...

...I cringed.

I was not about to 'tempt fate' -- even though I don't normally concern myself with 'fate'. So I flipped through the book until I found a picture that could not specifically be connected with winter or Christmas.

No, this puppy in a wagon with a bow on it is not a present found under a tree in the cold month of December. It's a present given to a little girl on her birthday on a beautiful fall day.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

4 comments:

Kathy and Carl said...

I hear you. The cold the dark....brrr.....But, the two things that I look forward to in December is your countdown to Christmas and your Christmas socks. You should do posts, "Where do the Reindeer socks go today?". That would be hilarious enough to forget the cold for a while.

JennyMac said...

LOL..

and that is a super cute pic. No winter or Santa in sight.

jackie said...

nice coloring! did one of your daughters actually color that pic???

andrea said...

you are funny! and yes, very nice colouring!