Saturday, September 26, 2009

she's no doogie howser

Yesterday afternoon, Joelle skinned her knee pretty badly while jumping rope. While I tried to calm her very over-reactive self down, I sent Malia upstairs to bring me a band-aid for her wounded sister.

After returning downstairs, a very proud Malia with the hugest grin on her face, handed me the asked-for band-aid as well as a bonus item...a travel-sized tube of Crest toothpaste.

I couldn't help but burst out laughing. I know she thought she was going to impress me by not only bringing the band-aid that I had requested, but a tube of Polysporin as well. I suppose here at home it's the thought that counts...but in an OR room, I'd have to say that I'd feel a lot more comfortable if she wasn't my doctor, just grabbing things that looked similar to what she was looking for. :)

7 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Yes, here's hoping she gets a bit more training in before then!! Of course, maybe she knows something we don't ~ have you ever tried toothpaste on a wound??!!

Jamie said...

What a helpful little girl! Very funny!

PamJ said...

She must not work well under pressure :)

Kathy and Carl said...

Kind of reminds me of the time Kezia came across a tube of hemorrhoid cream and was ready to give it to Joel as he had his toothbrush ready.

Maybe Malia and Kezia studied at the same medical school? Do they know something that we don't? Ha ha.....

Kelly said...

One time Lyndsy brought me desitin instead of toothpaste. That could have made for a very dirty but rash free mouth! Too cute!

Sheila said...

LOL! Thats cute!!

christy said...

that is so cute + sweet. hey, it's the thought that counts! :)