Monday, September 21, 2009

somewhere over the rainbow


This weekend we celebrated my firstborn's birthday. And guess how old she turned? S-I-X!! Yup, that's right. I said six.

I'm not quite sure how that's actually possible though, since I'm pretty sure that it was only yesterday that I brought Joelle home from the hospital.

But sure enough...here she is, blowing out her candles at her birthday party.


I can't believe how that tiny (well, if 9 lbs 1 oz can really be considered 'tiny') little baby has grown into a beautiful young girl right before my very eyes.

But she has. And I could not be more proud of who she has become. And as cheesy as it sounds, she's my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

4 comments:

Margo said...

Moms can be as cheesy as we wanna be! Great job on the cake! The pictures sure look like a party. Isn't it crazy how quick they go from baby to school age? I know you've heard it before, but it'll keep going faster. It truly feels like we were exactly where you are just a few short years ago...but like it or not, in a month we'll have only adults in our family. Even in the midst of occasional chaos, you're so good at celebrating your beautiful girls. They're blessed to have you as their mommy.

Kathy and Carl said...

Hey, the cake looks great and what a special birthday celebration. I still remember Joelle's little round face, her big blue eyes when she was just a little muffin. Gosh, time flies. Happy Birthday sweetheart!

Melanie said...

Doesn't sound cheesy to me!

I can't believe how fast the time goes, it really does seem to just fly by. I love the cake and Joelle is such a pretty young lady!! Happy Birthday to both of you!

Kelly said...

That's a beautiful cake! Happy birthday Joelle!