Thursday, December 3, 2009

it's not rocket science

But then why did it take me so long to figure it out? Well, I suppose I have always known it but just never really put it into practice.

I'm talking about productivity.

This week I have majorly cut down on my computer and TV time and have turned very domestic. And get this -- I have loved every minute of it! I'm definitely more tired at the end of the day, but I feel so good about my accomplishments.

I have had rare days here and there over the years of course...but I don't remember ever having such a solid week. And I also don't remember ever feeling this good about myself; about my role as home-maker. That's the kicker of this whole thing. The part that's not rocket science -- being busy and getting things done feels good. I don't know why I have fought it for so long.

This week I have been doing all of my Christmas baking -- even trying things that I myself have never made (like butter tarts, which Les usually makes). I also have been making good meals every night for supper...and not just my fall-backs like taco salad or quesadilas. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with those meals -- but this week I cooked things up like perogies and farmer sausage, chicken & potatoes and...tonight I made lasagna for the very first time, acompanied with the required caesar salad and garlic toast. And to top everything off, I have also been very diligent at cleaning up the kitchen after my many messes.

I end the days exhausted and I can hardly wait till the girls are in bed and I can just r-e-l-a-x and put my feet up. But the feeling I have when I look back on my day and realize exactly what I have all accomplished...it's enough to get me going again the next morning.

I just hope this doesn't come to a screaching halt before I can make it a habit.

3 comments:

Mamameah said...

Awesome!!! Keep it up, your readers are watching and will hold you accountable :p

I know exactly the feeling you are talking about and it's so gratifying.

andrea said...

isn't it wonderful? may i have inspired you??? these past two weeks for myself have been my most favorite....way to go doing your job and blessing your family....that's what it's all about!

Kelly said...

I am sooo not domestic and I totally thought I would be. I know how you feel though. When I have those weeks when I do so well, I feel like I could conquer anything!