Friday, December 11, 2009

my weight loss journey: before & after

25 weeks and 42.2 pounds later...here are my Before & After pictures:

The picture on the left was taken at my ultimate heaviest EVER, just 2 weeks before the Biggest Loser competiton began. Picture on the right is from last night.


Left: Taken at the beginning of Round II (mid-September, after having lost 24 pounds)
Right: Taken last night

Left: Taken end of August
Right: Taken last night

Left: Taken end of August
Right: Taken last night

Left: Taken end of August
Right: Taken last night

At the beginning of summer, these pants were snug as can be on me. Now look at them!

My new and very improved body from 3 different angles!
What a difference 42.2 pounds can make!

You know...I used to be that person who got extremely envious whenever someone got amazing weight loss results. I would always email them wanting to know their secret -- you know, secretly hoping it was something as simple as sleeping a certain way. Okay, obviously I knew it wasn't *that* easy. But I was always hoping for some sort of magical quick-fix.

Of course it doesn't work that way. It involves a lot of hard work and DAILY decisions that you are going to make positive lifestyle changes. Someone once asked me if I ever felt like just NOT doing it. My response: "Every day!" Not a day goes by where part of me wishes I could just go back to the way things used to be...eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. But the feeling I get when I step on the scale every week and see the numbers consistently go down is worth all of the hard work and sacrifices I have had to make.

Now that Biggest Loser has officially ended (for me anyway -- there are people heading up a Round III), I wonder how the journey will continue for me. I still want to lose another 20 pounds or so and I wonder if it will be a lot harder without the weekly accountability to my Biggest Loser team. But thankfully I have enough wonderful supportive friends who want to share accountability together with me. So I think I'm covered! :)

Thanks to all of you who have cheered me on throughout this journey. I never thought I would actually accomplish all of this -- but I did it! And I've got the pictures to prove it!












9 comments:

Sheila said...

Like I said on Facebook, you did such an amazing job getting fit and healthy! You look H-O-T!!!!

Kelly said...

You look GREAT! You should feel so proud of yourself!!!! I'm proud of you and I don't even know you except in computer land! :-)

Pam said...

You did a great job! You are beautiful no matter what size you are- but I'm super proud of you for making some life changing choices in life to be a healthier person!!

Melissa said...

All I have to say is HOT- great job sweets:)

andrea said...

still amazed...( oh, Kris is looking over my shoulder...he says "Good for you...that's awesome!")

Kathy and Carl said...

You're an inspiration girl!

Melanie said...

You look AMAZING!! I know you must be so proud of yourself. You're an encouragement to me to lose my 20 pounds that I've been working on for the last 3 years!!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Great job girl....I can use all the inspiration I can get.
Yes, the process is long and hard..but as you know the end results are so worth it.
Congratulations!

jackie said...

you just look fabulous, andrea! i'm so proud of you, you've worked so hard!