Wednesday, January 27, 2010

creative answers 101

Yesterday my eldest daughter gave me a good chuckle with something she said. Usually these days, it's Malia who says things that crack me up -- but this time it was Joelle's turn.

The girls were in the living room and suddenly Malia was complaining to me: "Mom...Joelle stuck her tongue out at me!"

Joelle was immediately ready to defend her actions, as she replied: "No! My tongue just had energy."

Ah, yes...the "my-tongue-just-had-energy-so-I-had-no-choice-but-to-stick-it-out-at-my-sister" excuse. Well played, my child. Well played.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Well, what else was she supposed to do with it??

Stand Mixer said...

Well, kids will always be kids. And sometimes, what they say don't make much sense, but that's how they provide the laughs anyway!

Sheila said...

Haha! Those crazy kids, always got an answer for everything!

Kathy and Carl said...

Seriously, what will they think of next!