Sunday, February 21, 2010

winter fun

I will be the first to admit that I detest winter. And that's putting it mildly. But we still have found ways to have a bit of fun and here are some videos to prove it!

Yesterday we took advantage of the beautiful day and went ice skating with the kids. This is only the 3rd time we have taken the girls, and they have made huge improvements from the first attempt several weeks ago to now. I'm so proud of both of them.

video

And what is winter without a good ol' toboggan slide? Les makes a little slide for the girls every winter, but this is his best one so far. He built it starting off of the picnic table, and away they go! It's even fun for adults, the only drawback is that it's over almost before it starts. But it's better than nothing and has provided the girls (and some of their friends) hours and hours of entertainment.

video


video

The countdown is on until we get rid of this cold, wet white stuff and move on to greener pastures (literally!)...but until then, we will continue to make the best of what we have. Even if it somewhat grudgingly (for me, at least).

6 comments:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Those were awesome! Ice skating is so foreign to me, but I've always wished that I knew how...

Xandra

Kathy and Carl said...

How fun! Our kids are wishing they could go skating. And the slide that Les made is awesome! Perfect for little ones.

ValleyGirl said...

Love the slide ~ we keep talking about doing something like that, too, but so far it hasn't happened. Our girls have recently rediscovered their rope and tire swing and have been having a lot of fun in the snow with those!

Jody said...

Love the videos!! I especially love the "it's awesome daddy!" at the end of the slide. :)

Sheila said...

The video's didn't work for me :(

Sheldon Dueck said...

I want to see les or you going down that slide... a crash against the fence would be suitable for the blog.