Friday, March 26, 2010

reason #2,648,201 why i love being a mom...


...preparing special snacks for Joelle's Grade 1 class!

I was designated the fruit or veggie portion of this month's special snack, and while I didn't get to be creative with fun shaped cookies with icing and sprinkles -- I still did try to pick bright colored, popular pieces of fruit.

And I will love seeing the smile on Joelle's face as I drop the snack off this morning. Having my daughter know that I am putting effort into being a part of her school activities is such a fun experience for me.

(But as much as I love being a Mom -- I'm still counting down the hours...and minutes!...until I leave for my girl's weekend away!!)

3 comments:

Kathy and Carl said...

That platter looks so great! And it's awesome that you get to be involved in Joelle's class that way.

TammyIsBlessed said...

Hmmmm, looks delish! You can feel free to bring me said snack anytime - I promise to greet you with a big smile :)

Colleen said...

I soooo shouldn't have skipped lunch.. .those bright colours have my stomach rumbling:)

I actually FORGOT. . to show up for my volunteer morning in Georgia's class the other day. . .I felt like such a dork:(