Thursday, April 29, 2010

To the woman I saw the other day:

I'm not sure if you were quickly trying to finish your latest Book Club selection in time. Or perhaps you have just recently been sucked into the whole Twilight phase -- I certainly understand that particular thrill.

Whatever the case, I'm happy you have a love for literature; I enjoy a good book myself. I don't know if this is a new-found love or if you have cultivated this for years already. I want you to know that I am certainly a huge advocate of reading -- in fact, I am currently enjoying watching my 6 year old develop the skill and love of reading through her school material.

Yup. I'm a fan of reading, through and through -- and other under circumstances, I would be delighted that you were so immersed in your book...

...just not while you're zipping past me and my precious 4 year old cargo at 115/120 kms per hour down the highway!!


**And just for the record -- I do not text while driving, and I even have a blue tooth device for talking on the phone while operating my motor vehicle.**

5 comments:

Kathy and Carl said...

Are you kidding?! That's crazy! Maybe she's trying to dangerously multitask? Sigh......

Rebecca said...

Reading a book while driving!? Dang that's talent/stupid. I admit I've tried to text while driving but fortunately am not talented enough to think I can do it safely.

Kelly said...

Oh I hate to see stuff like that!

Jamie said...

That's awful! I, too, refuse to answer my phone while driving. Don't have a bluetooth yet, I just let my voicemail take it. Reckless drivers are one of my biggest pet peeves! Some people just think they're invincible and don't think how quickly something could go wrong to not just them, but those around them!

TammyIsBlessed said...

that's insane!