Saturday, May 22, 2010

what color will it be this year?

Remember the color transformation that happened to one of my appendages last year? Well, I wanted to make sure that it wasn't just a one-time thing! Today Les and I went shopping for all of our plants, seeds and flowers -- and while he tended to his vegetable garden in the back yard, I headed to my front yard flowerbed and put all of our purchased pretties into their new homes.

I one-upped myself from last year even, as this year I was the one who did 99% of the planting. And I fully intend on doing the same amount of weeding, watering and tending as I did last year. This is how my little bed of flowers looks right now (the colors are mainly purple, yellow and white), and I look forward to watching them grow and beautify my front yard.

Les may think of me as a prissy little princess (although I think I've started to prove him wrong over the last few years), but would a prissy little princess get her fingers full of dirt like this? I don't think so!

I don't know if you can see all of the words, but these are what I all planted today:

You'll have to bear with me throughout the summer if I brag about the progress of my flower garden from time to time. At least I hope I'll have reason to brag about it, but you never know...I may sheepishly have to report that my color-changing thumb was just a fluke last year!

2 comments:

Kathy and Carl said...

Naw, I saw the colour creeping up your arm. The flower beds look beautiful. Ah, summer!

Jamie said...

I'm attempting gardening stuff too this year! Luckily our house already had tons of established perennials that require no work to survive (I know because I didn't weed at all last year due to being highly pregnant and then having a newborn). But this year I want the beds to look nicer and I also planted vegetables. We'll see how it goes! Keep the pictures and updates coming; it'll be inspiration for me!