Wednesday, June 9, 2010

3 year blogoversary: part I

Thanks for all of the participation in my request for Top 10 questions. I'm going to break this up into a few different posts -- sporadically -- over the next little while. So if you don't see yours in this post, it's a-coming!

Top ten movies

1. Twilight
2. New Moon
3. Eclipse -- okay, I know this movie isn't even out yet, but who are we kidding? It's gonna be in my Top 10.
4. Titanic
5. Raising Helen
6. Anne of Green Gables
7. The Blind Side
8. The Count of Monte Cristo
9. My Best Friend's Wedding
10. The Man in the Iron Mask

Top ten celebrity crushes
*See collage below. In random order, starting from the top left corner, going clock-wise.
1. Sam Poueu -- okay, okay...he's not exactly a 'celebrity'. But he was on TV this spring as a contestant on The Biggest Loser. Click here to see his 'Before' pictures. His transformation truly is amazing!!
2. Colin Farrel
3. Patrick Dempsey -- Honestly, I never really understood what all the fuss was about with this whole "McDreamy" thing. Until I started watching Grey's Anatomy last fall.
4. Ashton Kutcher
5. Leonardo DiCaprio -- He's been a favorite of mine since he was on Growing Pains about a gazillion years ago.
6. Josh Duhumal
7. Edward Cullen -- Yes, I know his real name is Robert Pattinson but I've gotta say I'm not really so much of a fan of Rob himself as I am with his Edward character from the Twilight saga.
8. Matt Damon
9. Brad Pitt
10. Ryan Reynolds


Top ten tv shows
1. Friends - nothing will ever dethrone this show as my #1 favorite!!
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. So You Think You Can Dance
4. Friday Night Lights
5. Desperate Housewives
6. Modern Family
7. Cougar Town
8. The Ellen DeGeneres Show
9. Biggest Loser
10. Losing It with Jillian

Top 10 GAMES
1. Killer Bunnies
2. Ticket to Ride
3. Bohnanza
4. Friend's Trivia Game
5. Scattegories
6. Cranium
7. Pictionary
8. Apples to Apples
9. Catch Phrase
10. BANG!

Top ten favorite exercises/workouts
1. Running!! (I started with this Couch to 5K program last summer and am currently working towards running a 10K race in September)
2. Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown
3. Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones
4. Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
5. Turbo Jam 20 minute cardio work-out
6. Turbo Jam 20 minute ab work-out
7. Turbo Jam 40 minute weights work-out
8. Turbo Jam 45 minute cardio work-out
9. Jumping on the trampoline
10.Biking

Top 10 Restaurants
1. Boston Pizza
2. Olive Garden
3. The Keg
4. Red Lobster (yes, even though I don't eat seafood -- but their biscuits are to die for!)
5. Garbonzo's Pizza
6. Texas Roadhouse
7. Culver's
8. Montana's
9. Moxie's
10. Old Spaghetti Factory

Top ten items you buy at grocery store
1. Pepsi
2. Cheese
3. Sandwich meat -- always honey ham (for me and Joelle) and then a 2nd kind for Les (Malia doesn't really 'do' sandwich meat)
4. Ground beef
5. Fruit
6. Veggies
7. Bread
8. Multigrain tortilla chips
9. Crackers -- lately our new family favorite is the Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil Triscuits
10. Juice boxes

Top 10 places you would go if when you get brave enough to go on a plane.
*Well, this is really just listing a bunch of places that I hear are really beautiful -- or that Les dreams of visiting. But never having the travel bug bite me, this is all really just random for me...
1. Mexico -- to visit my cousins
2. Paris
3. Africa
4. Australia
5. Italy
6. Florida
7. Prince Edward Island
8. Greece
9. Rome
10. Bethlehem

Top ten favorite places to shop
1. Gordman's
2. Herberger's
3. Smart Set
4. Reitman's
5. Ricki's
6. The Limited
7. Bath & Body Works
8. Value Village
9. The Children's Place
10. Wal-Mart -- yes, I admit it. I love Wal-Mart.

Top 10 pet peeves!

1. When people who don't have kids think they know best!!!!!
2. When people don't use their blinkers while driving -- especially when it results in me having to wait longer than necessary at a stop sign.
3. This right here
4. When people only see in black & white. God made the colors of the rainbow for a reason, people!
5. When people always try to one-up somebody with a bigger, better story. Stop stealing people's thunder!
6. When people predict what's going to happen in a TV show or movie. I like to just let the plot happen and not think into it too much.
7. When people tell me the statistics of flying in an airplane. Fear isn't always logical, so just leave me alone!!
8. When people point out the fact that someone is blushing. They're already embarrassed enough, why draw attention to it?? Just leave them be!!
9. People who wear bikinis who shouldn't. Newsflash -- just because you CAN wear one, doesn't mean that you SHOULD!!
10. When young children are walking around singing lyrics to seductive, sexual songs.

Okay, I think that about does it for Part I. Thanks again for the questions. And if you didn't play along before and would still like to (of if you've thought of something else) feel free to leave a comment and I'll still get to it.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Love it! It is no wonder we are friends!

Kathy and Carl said...

Boston Pizza, Friends, and of course, the bigger and better stories; I love it all. I'm glad that you didn't just settle on one, because this would have been depriving us of so much fun!

Jo said...

Great Top Tens!!!

Jenna said...

i love how the list of restaurants were right after the list of work outs!

Anonymous said...

wow! very interesting lists andrea! i don't know if i could ever complete lists like that! i'm sooooo indecisive about my "favs" - but i'm right with you on lots of yours!
-jackie k