Wednesday, June 16, 2010

covering all the bases

The other day, after the girls had already been 'at it' with each other from the moment Joelle got home from school, we were getting ready to head into The City.

I had already had it 'up to here' with their constant bickering, so I gave them a little talking to before I would be stuck in the van with them for 1/2 an hour.

I told them in no uncertain terms that if there was any fighting, whining, complaining, bickering or crying on the drive in, they would be losing some of their precious 'buddies' for night time.

"Do you understand?" I firmly asked them.

"Yes, but Mom..." started Joelle. "But if we hurt ourselves or something in the van, then we're allowed to cry...right?"

Sigh...she always has to cover all the bases. You know -- just in case!

4 comments:

Kathy and Carl said...

Or in case there's an emergency and I HAVE to inform you, or in case someone is about to hurt themselves I HAVE to stop them..... tee hee. Kids are always so smart!

Mamarazzi said...

she is a little smarty...seriously that is hilarious!!

TammyIsBlessed said...

I think Olivia's most commonly used phrase is "but mom"! They definitely know how to cover all the bases

Jenna said...

sounds like something Aidan would say!