Friday, July 30, 2010

fRiDaY fUn

I love fresh calendars. L-O-V-E them. The one I use doesn't start in January with the actual new year; it starts in September with the new school year. For the last 2 years I've been using Mom's Ultimate Calendar and it is my absolute favorite! It comes with stickers and everything -- so. much. fun!!

And I'm looking forward to trying the flip-up version of the calendar this year, instead of the rip-off version that I've had up until now.


Here are the stickers that are included -- doesn't that just spell F!U!N! There are stickers for doctor's appointments, school activities, babysitters, birthdays, lessons, swimming, report cards, sports -- you name it. There are even stickers for having company over, checking your smoke alarm and for getting car maintenance.


Earlier in the week I sat down with this fresh new calendar to start transferring over information, such as birthdays and anniversaries (written in red -- gotta love the color coding!) and the like. Ahh...I love a blank canvas!

And this is what September looked like when I was finished. Now, this is just the beginning of what this month will look like. Birthdays, our anniversary, meet-the-teacher days, first days of school and dance lessons.


This is how September 2010 looked like when all was said and done:


I just love having a neat, organized place to keep track of special days and activities. And of course I keep all of my calendars from year to year. You'd be surprised how many times I have actually looked back at things!

Oh, and did I mention that nobody but me is allowed to write on it? :) True story.

**Now the only thing I would like changed is the Trip sticker...hmmm...perhaps I need to write them a letter. :)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Or perhaps you could take a trip- teehee!

Kathy and Carl said...

This Type A gal is just shudder with excitement!! Organization, a close second to chocolate sundaes!

Sheila said...

I saw that calender and was pretty close to buying it, but now i think you just sold me on it!

Andrea said...

WHAT????? I didn't know there was a flip up version, gasp, now my brand new "old" calendar just doesn't seem to fit the bill.

It always breaks my heart a little to tear off the old months, feels like I'm tossing a piece of history, lol.

Glad to see another type A Andrea :)

TammyIsBlessed said...

Reminds me, I need to look for my favourite calendar at Costco again!

Flip up, with COILS!