Wednesday, August 11, 2010

never say never

This is a pretty monumental picture of me you're looking at right here.


You may be thinking, What's the big deal about this particular picture? Well...allow me to fill you in.

This picture was taken on Sunday afternoon. When the temperature was around 32 C (89.6 F), but with the humidity it felt more like 40 C (104 F).* I knew what the weather was going to be like when Les suggested taking the boat out onto the water for the afternoon. And not only did I not balk at the idea -- but I went along willingly. And as the above picture clearly shows, I was relaxed and happy.

Those of you who know me will know that is a far cry from only a couple of short years ago. It just goes to show you that change is possible. Even when you were certain it was never gonna happen.


*These are just estimated temperatures, since I didn't actually record them at that particular time. But I do know for a fact that at 8 o'clock that evening, it was 28 C (82.4 F), feeling like 36 C (96.8 F) -- so I can't be far off in my afternoon approximation.

1 comment:

Kathy and Carl said...

I gasped because I saw the earrings and then I remembered, "oh yeah, Andrea pierced her ears a while ago". But good for you about change. Although some things about you I hope never change! Boston Pizza, Chicken Caesar Salad, DQ dates (sorry, I'm hungry!)