Monday, October 18, 2010

get your lunch on

These are the girl's lunch kits...well, they were the girls lunch kits -- until today!

While they are cute -- and I do like the little pocket where I put their cutlery, napkins and "I love you" notes -- there was one big problem with them.

Space! Here's a quick visual example...I have a couple of Tupperware Sandwich Keepers, and while I would love to use them for the environment's sake, I just find that they take up too much room in the lunch kits. With the empty space available after the sandwich keeper, I still need to pack a juice box and/or water bottle, a snack (two snacks in Malia's case), and the rest of their lunch -- which usually includes some veggies, fruit, pretzels/crackers and a small dessert.

So, thanks to a tip from my sister Tammy -- I headed over to a nearby fabric store where I picked these babies up. And I'll tell you why I love them so much.

First of all -- they are so fun and stylish! They're not a cutesy bag that they will outgrow in a year or two. So as long as these ones last quality-wise (and don't get too stained, etc.), they won't be embarrassed dragging these to school in 4 or 5 years. In fact, when I first showed them these bags, they thought they were purses! I'd even be happy carrying one of these around as my lunch bag to work...in fact, now I'm tempted to go back and get one for myself!

Secondly...they have two side pockets on them. So I can use these spaces for napkins, cutlery, and "I love you" notes if I want to.

But even if I don't want to use the pockets for anything, the main part of the bag is roomy enough for everything! And look how nicely insulated they are!

Here is the amount of space that's leftover with the same Sandwich Keeper in it. It's a bit harder to tell depth and such from this angle -- but trust me, I will definitely be able to fit in all of their lunch, snack and beverage essentials without feeling like the zipper is going to bust open!

And another bonus -- they are regularly priced at $29.99, but I got them for the amazing low price of $10.50 a piece!!




7 comments:

TammyIsBlessed said...

You scratch my back, I scratch yours! Your Garmin 305 Forerunner, my awesome lunch bags.

We rule!

momto9 said...

Awesome ideas! Love the bags and how big they are!

Melissa said...

Simply adorable

Sheila said...

Those bags are so stinkin' cute, but in a stylish sort of way! And what a bonus they were on sale!

Erin said...

they are very cool. and what a bargin!!

TammyIsBlessed said...

So, I decided that I was sick of Olivia's lunch bag and that she needed one of these, just like her older sisters. Since they already have the giraffe and leopard pattern, I wanted to get her the zebra one - and thankfully, that was the ONLY ONE they have left!!! Mission accomplished :)

momto9 said...

Guess what I went out and got some luch kits thanks to you:)..they're big ones. You inspired me:)