Friday, October 8, 2010

meal of the week #6: meatloaf ~ with a twist!

If you're like a lot of people, hearing that meatloaf is on the menu doesn't exactly get you drooling. But perhaps it would if you made it MY way (a.k.a. my MOM's way!).

It's called Ham & Cheese Meatloaf and it is simply d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s (and deliciously simple!). Usually I make it in the actual form of a big meatloaf -- but this time I made mini meatloaves in muffin tins and they turned out splendidly.

First you mix your ground beef with eggs, oatmeal and a bit of salt and pepper. Then take some of the meat mixture and press into the muffin tins, sort of making a meat bowl in each muffin cup.


Next, take some ham -- I just use shaved deli meat, but you could also used leftover cooked ham -- and layer it on top of the hamburger meat.


Mmmmm....next up is cheese! I can't get enough cheese.


For the quick and easy sauce -- open a tin of tomato soup and start scoopin'.


Bake at 350F for 35 minutes and this is the finished product.


Heat up some more tomato soup mix for extra sauce and serve with noodles.

4 comments:

momto9 said...

That sounds good to me:)

LaughingLady said...

This looks really good ~ and I like the idea of using a muffin tin to make the bake time shorter. I love meatloaf, but I often make stuffed ones and they pretty much ALWAYS fall apart (which is very annoying, especially if the stuffing is cheese and ends up getting thoroughly burned onto the sides of the pan!!), so this idea might remedy that as well. Hmmm.....

I often use mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce instead of cheddar and tomato soup. Yum!

PamJ said...

Wow that looks delish! I bet it would be great to flash freeze too!!

Jamie said...

That does look delicious! I think I'll try that soon! I make two different kinds of meatloaf quite regularly, and I LOVE my meatloafs. One version is just a loaf of meat (of course with egg & bread crumbs) wrapped in bacon, and to go along with it, mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy! One of my family's favourites!