Thursday, October 28, 2010

thankful thursday ~ right in front of you




"...Today is a gift; that’s why they call it the present."
~ Eleanor Roosevelt





Today I am thankful for...well, for today. I'm thankful that after a few days of brutal and gusty winds, pouring rain and dreary clouds that stretched as far as the eye could see (and then some!) that the sun came out today. I'm thankful that even though my alarm clock woke me up earlier than what I would have preferred, that I woke up in a cozy bed in a warm house.

I'm thankful that I had exactly one cold Pepsi in my fridge to have at lunch (while on a short break from volunteering in both of the girls' classes...I needed a pick-me-up!). I'm thankful that one of my neighbours had the pineapple I so desperately wanted for my Hawaiin pizza for supper. I'm thankful that the hubby will actually be home for supper tonight (instead of only coming home tomorrow after supper).

I'm thankful for the time I spent one-on-one with Joelle after school today, playing Perfection. I'm thankful for the sweet 4 year old boy who lives next door who plays so nicely with my Little Miss Malia. I'm thankful for the mess of crafts on my dining room table because that means I am fortunate enough to have children to make the mess. I'm thankful for the TV line-up that will be on tonight while I snuggle up with the hubby on this relaxing Thursday evening.

I'm thankful for the countless blessings each and every day that are right in front of us. All we have to do is open our eyes and look for them.

And while I didn't get to see a beautiful sunrise this morning (the clouds hadn't quite gone away yet at that time), I'm thankful for the sunset that I will be sure to witness at the close of the day.

**Click on the Thankful Thursday button at the top of the page to visit this month's host and to read what other people are giving thanks for today.**


3 comments:

andrea said...

wow...that's real life! you do have so much to be thankful for! i used to write down each day God's daily dose of goodness...so much to be thankful for if we'd just open our eyes.
thanks for sharing. great post! it's amazing His love for us, eh?

pam said...

I love your list...snuggling with the hubby watching favorite shows is grand. Our nest is empty now and I so appreciate the quiet with him.

LaughingLady said...

It's always amazing to me how often we overlook the simple, everyday things in our lives when we count our blessings. You've done a great job here!!