Friday, November 5, 2010

writer's workshop - #1

I came across a fun Writer's Workshop idea while on my friend Pam's blog...who got the idea while visiting Mama Kat's blog. So I decided to join in on the fun!

The prompt I chose was: Hair Disaster

Just a couple of weeks ago, I posted about my youngest daughter Malia and her crazy wardrobe choices that she makes. I didn't mention this in that post, but I was always very happy that my older daughter Joelle never seemed to have such an inclination to be so far-out with her clothing style. She always seemed to keep it pretty simple and has always had more of a natural knack for what goes together and what doesn't (with some exception, of course).

But what I seemed to forget was that she did go through a different crazy phase all her own right around the same age as her little sister is now. It was her hair.

She was convinced that every day she needed to put in every single clip that she owned. She had a few different 'styles' of how she did this. Either she would place them randomly over her entire head...

Or she would crowd them all across the very top of her head, from ear to ear...

And then of course I cannot forget to showcase this tragedy masterpiece. She even went to play at a friend's house with this particular look. {{shudder}}

It was oh-so-hard to let her go out in public with these hair disasters...but I did. And I was ever so thankful when she outgrew this phase.

Now it’s your turn!
Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and GO TO Mamakat's to add your name to the link list below. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!

The Prompts:
1.) Look up a favorite childhood actor and tell us where they are now.
2.) A post you regret publishing.
3.) If you had made a career out of whatever you were passionate about when you were ten…what would you be doing?
4.) A hair disaster.
5.) Describe a moment when you saw someone hit their breaking point.

1 comment:

Lisa Ladrido said...

Maybe she is just waiting for her crown!! What a sweet little princess, I am glad you let her be her true self.

Following you from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop!~Lisa
I am all a twitter about life