Friday, December 10, 2010

rockin' it -- ABC-style

Exactly two weeks ago I posted about finding out from Malia's Kindergarten teacher that she only recognized 7 letters of the alphabet. And I felt horribly guilty for that.

But I promised in that post that before Christmas holidays -- just a little less than a month away at that time -- she was going to know ALL twenty-six letters. Oh yes, she was!

And my little rock star has proved me right! We have been working really hard and in 14 short days we have gone from 7 letters to...nearly all twenty-six! There are 3 letters that she is still struggling with (F, N and V specifically)...but even those are coming along.

I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of my little miss for tackling this with gusto and enthusiasm. She is always willing to sit down and go over them when I tell her it's time. And it is very obvious to see that she is proud of her progress.

My plan for this weekend is to separate the upper and lower case letters onto separate flash cards (since I'm not sure which ones she is actually recognizing) and using those cards to play a Memory game for some extra fine-tuning. But all in all, she really is rockin' it -- and I couldn't be more thrilled with her!

2 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Wow, good for you BOTH!!

TammyIsBlessed said...

Woohoo! Way to go Malia and Mom!