Sunday, January 23, 2011

101 things in 1001 days

It's official. I have finally made up my "101 things to do in 1001 days" list. I know I said I would never do it, as just the idea of coming up with that many things seemed too overwhelming ~ nevermind actually following through with them all!

But I love lists, so I figured why not give it a shot? So the list is made and the official start date is tomorrow, January 24 2011. End date is October 21, 2013. And in case you're curious (I was!), that translates into 143 weeks, or 33 months.

I am not going to consider myself a failure if I do not actually complete all 101 of the things I came up with. But I made the list thinking that it was at least possible and realistic for me. I'm not going to give up if I miss a week either. For example -- one of my things is to bring my Bible to church with me every Sunday...143 times. But if I miss a Sunday somewhere, for whatever reason, I'm not going to say "Well, now I won't 100% complete it anyway, so why bother?" Oh no, not me! I'm going to keep on trucking, and maybe I won't get to say I did it 143/143 times ~ but perhaps I'll get to say I did it 130/143 times. And that's sure a heck of a lot better than what I have been doing!

The plan is to update the list every week (which is one of the things on my list, coincidentally), so make sure you click at the "101 in 1001" link at the top of my blog if you want to read updates, as I won't actually be doing a post every week to update. I figure not only will it be easier to keep track by updating on a regular basis, but I will also be consistently reminded of the things on my list. Afterall, 101 things is a lot to remember on my own! The goals in progress will be in italics and the completed ones will be in bold.

I hope I will inspire even one person to make up a list such as this. I really am excited to get going on a lot of these goals and ideas!

6 comments:

the Jenn next door said...

I'm inspired to do one too! I have many comments on yours but most importantly........you're moving in less than 34 months!?!? I know, it's inevitable but that sounds so soon!

LaughingLady said...

I need to revisit my list and decide either scrap it (which is kind of the "default mode" I'm in right now!!), to work at it conscientiously again, or re-tool it and set a new end date. I just got really tired of constantly having to keep track of and update all the weekly, bi-weekly, twice-monthly, etc., goals!

Good luck with yours!

Kathy and Carl said...

What a great thing to do....I'm off to check out your list!

TammyIsBlessed said...

I love #69! :)

You want a dog?! Indoor or outdoor?

andrea said...

how fun! that's a good list! looking back on the past 33 months, you've accomplished so much...and you hadn't made a list! i really love this idea! :)

Melissa said...

This is a fun idea:)
I have a duvet cover and pillow shams if you want them? That would cover one of your 101!