Monday, January 17, 2011

attending to some bloggy business

To my fellow Bloggers & Commenters:

I am following along with Mamarazzi in spreading the word about the Enable Email Movement. She describes it really well, so you should click on the button below to read her post, but here is the gist. Sometimes a blogger (such as myself) will get a comment from a reader (fellow blogger) and you want to reply to that comment via email. But you can't because you get a "no reply blogger" as the return email address.

And as Mamarazzi says, you might be a "no reply" blogger and not even know it! Wanna know how to find out? I'll tell you...

Go to your "Dashboard". Click "Edit Profile". Click the little box next to "Show my email address". Click "SAVE".

It should show the same address that your comments are delivered to.

And voila! Now when you leave a comment on my blog and I get it in my email folder, and I want to reply to it...I can! Rather than replying in the comments section where you might not come back and find it. OR...the conversation could be turning more personal and I don't want everybody to be able to read it.

Wanna spread the word to your own blog commenters? Visit Mamarazzi, grab the button and link up. She's even putting everyone who links up into a draw for a prize in February! So what are you waiting for? You can improve bloggy communication AND have a chance to win a prize too!

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

love love love...viva the revolution!

Sheila said...

Awesome!! Thanks for a great tip!