Monday, January 17, 2011

going green...ish

I don't claim to be the most environmentally-friendly person out there. There are many more much greener, "crunchier" people than myself, that's for sure.

But one change I have made ~ ever since getting my big stock of Tupperware back in fall ~ is try to package as much of the girls' school lunches as possible in containers instead of plastic bags or saran wrap.

This is a picture of all of the containers that were used in their lunches just today. Of course 2 of those containers were to hold applesauce, so they would never have been in a bag to begin with. But I was still in awe of the amount of plastic I would've been using (for pizza, pepper slices, etc.) just a few short months ago.

Like I said ~ I don't claim to be a naturally "green" person ~ but it's nice to know that you don't have to be hard-core in order to make a visible difference. You know...to reflect at least a slight greenish hue.

1 comment:

Mamarazzi said...

it really is amazing how much waste we create right? who knew?

i LOVE that you pack your kid's lunches. It seems to be happening less and less these days. makes me sad...to me making lunch is one of the ways we tell our kids we love them.