Tuesday, January 18, 2011

the true test

All throughout my entire weight loss journey over the past 18 months, I have been a very strong advocate of the saying: "Do not deprive yourself of anything ~ just use moderation."

The one exception to this ~ for me ~ has been Nutella. I have not allowed this delightful chocolate spread to enter my home for the last year and a half. Nobody else in my family has been affected by that choice, considering that nobody had a chance to know it was ever in the house to begin with! I would literally finish a jar within 2-3 days. All I needed was a spoon.

*Hangs head in shame*

Well, today marked an historic day in my home. The day I allowed Nutella to return to my cupboards. Where it belongs!

I sent Les out to pick up just a few groceries this afternoon, and I was really craving my given-up weakness. Surely by now I have learned how to exercise control and moderation even with this. So I added Nutella to his list and sent him on his way.

Mmmm...I can't even begin to describe to you how delicious it tasted. Now, I have consumed Nutella twice over the past year and a half ~ at other people's homes ~ but never where it was at my complete disposal.

I must say I was proud of myself for stopping when I did. And I will admit that the "After" picture was taken slightly prematurely to make my control look just that much better. But that being said, I'm still a far cry from polishing off that jar in the next 2 days!

I will overcome this battle with Nutella. I will get to the point where I can have it in my home to enjoy in moderation...just like everything else. In fact, I may have succeeded already!

3 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Whew, and just in time for World Nutella Day, too!!! (Feb 5)

Mamarazzi said...

mmm nutella!

i agree don't deprive just use moderation. but good for you for knowing your own weakness and umm it worked since you are smokin' hot!

Sheila said...

Oh yummm! I have the same problem, and I haven't bought it on a looong time for, again, the same reason! Good for you, and maybe one day I too will enjoy that chocolatey goodness again!