Friday, February 25, 2011

the plan

I caught Malia singing out loud while listening to her mp3 player this morning. The words to the chorus of Downhere's "Here I Am" song that she is singing are below:

Here I am, Lord send me
All of my life, I make an offering,
Here I am, Lord send me
Somehow my story is a part of Your plan,
Here I am

video

Not only is this just a really cute video to post, but I love the fact that the songs that are loaded onto her music player are either kid's songs or contemporary Christian music. No Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift. Not to say that those singers are necessarily bad...just not age-appropriate for my young girls. I'm much happier knowing that the songs that go into my daughters' heads and hearts are positive and uplifting to their young faith.

And that's our plan!

3 comments:

andrea said...

i agree. my kids love Go fish too...that's a great group for kids. i actually went to school with Andy from the group. somehow hubby threw in Living on a prayer by Bon Jovi to the song mix...i'd like to think it's a positive song too! ;)

Mamarazzi said...

love this...and so did my puppy. she did the full on head tilt bug eyed thing when i played the video.

Sheila said...

Oh my gosh, she is SO CUTE!! Loved that!!