Thursday, February 17, 2011

thankful thursday ~ between thursdays

You know those weeks where things just don't seem to be going your way? Where the kids are fighting more than usual, there aren't enough hours in the day to get things done, and emotionally you're just not doing the greatest? You know...where it seems like you've got nothing to be thankful for?

Well, that's why I love these Thankful Thursday posts. Because I've been having one of those weeks...or so I thought. Until I started reflecting on all of the things that happened to me between last Thursday and this Thursday. And I realized that my week has actually been pretty stellar!

I'm thankful that on Friday night, while Malia was at a birthday party, Joelle and I spent some quality one-on-one time making Valentine's cookies.

I'm thankful that on Saturday evening I had a night out with one of my best friends ~ a movie and out for 'coffee'. It was a great time of sharing blessings and heartaches in both of our lives.


On Sunday I was reminded of just how thankful I am for my two daughters. For two healthy full-term pregnancies; for no idea of what it feels like to lose a child ~ either in the womb or out.

(And of course I am thankful for Malia's crazy side!)





On Monday (Valentine's Day) I was thankful for my husband bringing home flowers for me...and that he thought to bring a special flower home for each of his daughters too!

I was also thankful that we didn't have any special plans for Valentine's Day that evening ~ otherwise we would've missed out on a spontaneous overnight guest, Les' brother (who was also our very first over-night guest).

I was also thankful that evening for my stock of goodies in the freezer ~ the heart-shaped cookies for dessert that evening, and muffins in the freezer to offer our surprise guest for his breakfast the next morning! It felt good to be prepared for a last-minute experience like this.

On Wednesday I was thankful for my parents who watched the girls while Les and I went on a belated Valentine's date. I was thankful for the time spent with my wonderful husband, and thankful for the good food (and the NEW restaurant that we tried!).



I was thankful this week for thrift stores, as I found this wonderful globe for a mere $5! The girls have always shown interest in globes, and how nice to not only now have one in our possession, but to get it for such a great deal!

I am thankful for friends who encourage me and inspire me with their seemingly endless bouts of Christian love (you know who you are!).






And last, but not least ~ today I am thankful that while I am feeling tired, unmotivated and...yes, lazy ~ my kids said they wanted hot dogs for supper!


6 comments:

andrea said...

pretty impressive week right there!!! you are truly blessed!!!(kinda funny that the word verification is slober...LOL)

LaughingLady said...

I am always amazed how no matter how cruddy the week has been, there are still always blessings hidden in it all. And what's really awesome is discovering those are really the BIGGEST blessings in life, even though they're often the ones that get overlooked the easiest.

Sounds like you didn't have such a bad week after all! ;)

Sheila said...

What a great post! So glad you found joy in your week.

TammyIsBlessed said...

Sounds like a lot of blessings indeed!

Hope you have a great weekend away!!

Kathy and Carl said...

I really enjoyed this post. No matter the week, we can find blessings in it. Thanks for the reminder!

Jamie said...

That does sound pretty wonderful! I know the negative things always stick out in our minds more, so I'm glad the Thankful Thursday could change your outlook.