Thursday, February 10, 2011

thankful thursday ~ friends

I think it's safe to say that everybody needs friends. And I hope I would find it to be true that everybody has at least one best friend that they can pour out their heart and soul to (besides a spouse). Someone that they can be 100% themselves around, can trust them with anything and know that they will always have your back.

I am fortunate to have a few friends like that. Two that I have been close with for over a decade and one that is slightly newer. I have several other good friends as well, of course, but these three are my go-to people. The ones I can confide in and know that they won't judge, won't run away and won't give up on our friendship. The ones that protect me, stand up for me and pray for and with me.

The ones who know my insecurities and love me anyway. The ones who are completely genuine. The ones where I can spend an evening with them and walk away knowing that no part of the evening was fake. The ones who I can laugh with and cry with.

The ones who I can trust whole-heartedly. The ones who I know will be there for me years down the road no matter how circumstances may change who or where we are. The ones who don't belittle me, talk about me behind my back or keep things from me.

The ones who tell me ~ and show me ~ that I am special and important to them. The ones who don't keep records of things I have or have not done. The ones where I know I am truly valued.

I have three friends that fit all of those things and more. And for that I am truly thankful.

3 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Definitely something to be grateful for! LOVE that silhouette picture!!

andrea said...

friendship is indeed as amazing blessing! you are so blessed to have such in your life! you are very loved. Fakeness, hiding things and secrets are relationship stealers and have no place in a healthy God-given friend!
So go on and celebrate!

TammyIsBlessed said...

What a blessing friends like that are - and you have 3!!