Tuesday, March 1, 2011

be careful what you wish for...

I have blogged before about Malia's wild wardrobe choices and how I have learned to just let her express herself with her clothes the way she chooses.

However, I'm not gonna lie -- part of me was wishing she would be a bit more 'co-ordinated' with her outfits instead of always being so outlandish and crazy.

Lately it seems like I have gotten my wish. Her ensembles have turned a lot more mild; patterns and colors actually match and mesh a lot better than they used to. She's toning things down for the most part.

And now it makes me kinda sad!

I miss waiting in anticipation each morning. Hearing her footsteps coming down the stairs wondering what crazy look was going to greet me that day.

Go figure. Just goes to show you...be careful what you wish for!


1 comment:

Kathy and Carl said...

I love her outrageous wardrobe choices. So maybe for a time it'll be more mainstream, until she picks the next thing to express herself with (hair! accessories!).

She's a pretty special lil' gal, isn't she?