Friday, March 4, 2011

march mania: day 1 & 2

My friend Sheila is participating in a March Mania where there is a topic to post about for every day in the month of March. Just reading about this yesterday puts me a bit behind, but I think for the next few days I will just double up until I am where I should be.

For those who are interested in seeing the entire list ahead of time (you know -- in case you want to participate too!) here it is:

day 1- recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
day 2- the meaning behind your blog name
day 3- a picture of you and your friends
day 4- a habit that you wish you didn’t have
day 5- a picture of somewhere you've been
day 6- 5 favorite TV shows
day 7- a picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you
day 8- short term goals for this month and why
day 9- something you're proud of in the past few days
day 10- songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, anxious or mad
day 11- another picture of you and your friends
day 12- how you found out about blogger and why you have one
day 13- a letter to someone
day 14- a picture of you and your family
day 15- put your ipod on shuffle: first 10 songs that play
day 16- another picture of yourself
day 17- someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
day 18- plans/dreams/goals you have
day 19- nicknames you have and why you have them
day 20- someone you love
day 21- a picture of something that makes you happy
day 22- what makes you different from everyone else
day 23- something you crave for a lot
day 24- your last five facebook status'
day 25- what I would find in your bag
day 26- what do you think about your friends
day 27- why are you doing this 30 day challenge
day 28- a picture of you from last year and now, how have you changed since then?
day 29- in this past month, what have you learned
day 30- your favorite song
day 31- the best thing about being you

So without further ado...

{recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself}

**Depending on your definition of 'recent' -- this picture was taken in September 2010. Also, I'm not guaranteeing these 15 facts about myself will necessarily be 'interesting'...nor will they necessarily be new tidbits that you didn't already know.**

1. I used to hate summer, and now I can't wait for it to be upon us!

2. I have only ever gotten one speeding ticket, and that was 15 years ago.

3. When I was in junior high, I desperately wished that I was left-handed (not sure why). I even would write in my diary with my left-hand in the hopes that I would convert myself!

4. Les is the only man I have ever kissed.

5. Being a waitress was my very first job. And I hated it.

6. Even though I used to be a waitress, I hate tipping at restaurants!

7. I used to think the idea of capris was ridiculous. Of course now I think they make perfect sense for that in-between idea, but for some weird reason I used to be anti-capris.

8. If I start reading a book and it hasn't grabbed me by the 2nd or 3rd chapter, I'm out!

9. I'm really craving chocolate right now. And Pepsi.

10. I am a big fan of American Idol and I am totally digging this year's changes with the judges. Steven Tyler is awesome!

11. I can type 125+ words per minute. I know because I just finished testing myself here.

12. I think purposefully gaining weight on The Biggest Loser for ANY reason is cheating and totally disrespectful.

13. Ellen DeGeneres is my favorite talk show host EVER.

14. The only time I ever tried out for a sport in school (other than baseball, which anybody was allowed to play) was badminton. And I didn't make it.

15. I have been limiting my computer time this week, and the state of my house reflects that!


{The meaning behind your blog name}

When I first started blogging back in May 2007, my blog was called "Just As I Am" (hence the URL address). Not sure why I picked that name, it was just one of those 'easy' titles that didn't require a lot of thought behind it.

However, in September of that same year after struggling through a bit of an 'identity crisis' with my blog, I renamed it "Lifesong." My post here explains it a bit and gives the words to the Casting Crown song that my blog is named after.

Basically, what it comes down to is that my blog isn't here to try and draw in readers and commenters. I haven't had a stats counter on my blog in years because I was tired of getting my sense of self-worth from how many people visited my site or how many people commented. Like everything else in life, my aim is to put God first. This part of the song says it like this:

May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

And then...

I want to sign Your name at the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to you

That's what I want my blog to be about. No ulterior or hidden motives. No stunts to up my readership and no bad-mouthing other people to make it 'juicy.' I want to end every day knowing that my heart was true. I want to publish each post knowing that I haven't offended anybody, personally attacked or accused anybody and that I have been 100% real. It's supposed to be a comfortable place for anyone who chooses to stop by to read it.

It's my Lifesong!

2 comments:

Kathy and Carl said...

This sounds like it'll be a great month of reading here!

Capris...you are too funny Andrea!

Jamie said...

I like the tidbit about you wanting to be left-handed. Funny!

I'm doing this 'March Mania' thing too, come check mine out!