Thursday, March 10, 2011

march mania: day 10

{songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, anxious or mad}

I don't have a very wide repertoire of music that I listen to, for the most part. Usually I have the TV turned on to the Christian music station, and if I'm in the van, I've got the radio on the local Christmas music station as well.

I do have my favorite artists though, of course ~ Downhere, Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, Matthew West, Addison Road to name a few. But it seems that whatever mood I'm in, this type of music gives me what I need.

If I'm already happy, it just re-enforces my joy.
If I'm sad, it lifts me up.
If I'm bored, it gets me singing (and yes, sometimes even dancing!).
If I'm anxious, it soothes me.
If I'm mad, it calms me.

Other than that, I think the only secular music that I even own is Roxette. But listening to this is few and far between since I don't play secular music in front of my kids and they are most often with me.

No comments: