Saturday, March 12, 2011

march mania: day 12

{how you found out about blogger and why you have one}

I discovered blogs early in the year 2007. That's when Les and I got our first computer (6 years after we got married...yes, it took us awhile to hook up with technology!). My used-to-be neighbour Erin had talked about her blog a few times before we got the laptop, so once we finally got one, I read her entire blog from start to finish in probably one sitting.

And I was intrigued!

So a few months later -- in May of that same year -- I thought I'd take a stab at the ol' blogging world myself just to see how I liked it. Turns out, I l-o-v-e-d it! And while I have gone through different phases throughout the past four years of blog-dom, I can't imagine not doing it anymore.

When I first started blogging, it was just as much a way for me to make new friends as it was to journal about my life and document the happenings of my little family. Now it's mostly an outlet for me. I find that I'm not as open with people verbally...but given the opportunity to put things into writing, and it's another story. I have experienced a lot of healing through this dear blog.

Now if we can just convince Erin to pick it up again -- she's been absent from her blog for over a year now.....

2 comments:

Kathy and Carl said...

I'm so glad that you started blogging. I remember when you did and Sandi asked me if I had stumbled upon your blog. I said no I hadn't yet (never even heard of blogs before, yikes!) but that night I stopped by and was so impressed.

I've been blessed by your honesty and your humour, your pictures and your inspirational words. I love coming here....

Sheila said...

I always look forward to reading your new posts! I find we're very similar in some ways, so I thouroghly love your blog!!