Sunday, March 13, 2011

march mania: day 13

{a letter to someone}

Dear Andrea,

I want you to look back and read this letter as often as you need to. When you read this, I want you to feel loved. I want you to feel special. I want you to feel needed.

You are a crucial part of My plan. I wouldn't have created you if I didn't have a reason for it. You are the apple of My eye; My child whom I deeply love.

You know those beautiful daughters you are raising? I chose you to be their mother. I entrusted them into your care because I knew you would rise to the challenge. To love them, encourage them, nurture them.

You know that man you have pledged your life to? I created you to be a suitable helper for him. To be the woman to walk beside him, hand in hand, as you face whatever life throws at you.

Those select few friends that you trust with your whole heart? As much as you rely on them and treasure them...so do they with you. You are woven into the silk tapestries of their lives and they love you just as much in return.

And then there's your siblings. Ah yes...the older sisters and the younger brother with whom you have laughed with, cried with -- and goodness knows, fought with! You may have all been brought together through unusual circumstances, but it was all a part of My plan. Beauty was born out of tragedy, and you were a big part of that.

We certainly can't forget your parents. As a Mother yourself, you know how intricate a parent-child relationship is and that each one is entirely unique. It was only you who could've given them the emotions and experiences that came with raising you. Nobody else would've been quite the same. You needed them and they most certainly needed you.

So, you see, I created you for specific and delicate purposes. To be an integral part of so many people's lives. There is no other human being on the entire planet that could ever take your place in My heart and in the hearts of everyone who knows you.

Please do not forget how very special you are and how much you are worth.











2 comments:

andrea said...

you are loved! :) lovely letter by your precious father!

Kathy and Carl said...

Talk about powerful and touching. *sniff* *sniff*