Friday, March 18, 2011

march mania: day 18

{plans/dreams/goals you have}

Right now the big dream I have is to move. Not because I want to leave my wonderful street, but because I want a different house. Sometimes I feel greedy and ungrateful for saying that because really, I have a beautiful home.

Yet it's not 'good enough' in my eyes.

I want a bungalow, first and foremost. I want a bigger main bathroom and a bigger ensuite -- you know, ones where you can actually turn around in. I want a bigger kitchen and a bigger pantry closet. I want a bigger yard where we can have a dog. I want a basement where the 'living room' section and 'play room' section don't have to co-exist. I want main floor laundry. I want a main floor office. I want enough room so that everything can have its own place. I want, I want, I want...

So one day -- who knows how far down the road it will be -- I plan on living in my dream house. But in the meantime, my goal is to be content with where we are at. To remember that the reason I want a bigger pantry is because mine is too full, which means we are blessed with an over-abundance of food to eat. To remember that while my kitchen might not have enough space for my liking, it is a place where lots of memories are being made. To remember that we are fortunate enough to have a house to begin with (a 5 year old house, at that).

And even if I never get the house that I long for, to remember that: "A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams." ~Unknown

3 comments:

Gin said...

I just want a house! I want a place that is ours, a place that I can paint the walls the colors I want. I know it will happen but my patience is wearing a little thin!

Kathy and Carl said...

It's hard to separate wants and needs. And to be content with what you have. On the other hand, it's nice to dream....

Jamie said...

I love that you made such a difference in a dream and a goal! Again, great thoughts you have!