Thursday, March 24, 2011

march mania: day 24 meets thankful thursday

{your last five facebook statuses}
Followed by what I am thankful for about them.

~ My hubby's note to me this morning: "An...I love you so much. I hope your day is very relaxing and that the girls are angels. Don't forget that you are beautiful. Love, Les." I am a lucky, lucky lady!

I am so thankful for this wonderful man who I know will stand by my side for the rest of our days. Even through his busy stressful week of extra-long hours, he's still been taking the time to speak my love language and give me the words of affirmation that I long to hear from him. His notes, texts and voicemail messages ensure that I never forget just how much I am loved!


Does anyone know if those Norwex magic erasers get pen ink off of walls?

Why am I thankful for this, you might ask? Well, I'm definitely not thankful for how the pen ink got onto my bathroom wall (I would've thought that my 5-year-old would know better than that by now!), but I am thankful that that's the worst thing that happened to me that day. At pretty much the exact time of day, my sister's basement -- just a few blocks a way from me -- was flooding! Puts things into perspective, that's for sure!

(Plus, I got some good suggestions of how to clean it off my wall of which I am also thankful for!)

Andrea is looking forward to volunteering at school on ROCKSTAR DAY!! I'm getting my outfit ready, and it's gonna be...well, rockin'! :)

I have mentioned before how thankful I am to be able to volunteer in my girls' classrooms at school...but this one just takes the cake! I was super stoked to see that I was scheduled to volunteer on Rockstar Day -- which is happening right now! I spent the morning with a bunch of 5 & 6 year old rockstars, and after my lunch break I get to spend the afternoon with a bunch of 7 & 8 year old rockstars.

Pictures of this fun day to follow...and yes, I participated in the dressing up!

Andrea is very thankful for Advil today...and totally understands why little ones are so cranky when they're teething. It is NOT fun!!

Okay, so obviously this stasus indicates that I am thankful for Advil. I have one wisdom tooth that keeps poking through and then hiding back underneath the gums again. It has happened many times over the last several years, but it seems to be happening more and more often lately. This time was by far the worst, and I was seriously suffering some extreme pain for several days. Until yesterday, when THANKFULLY the worst was over! The tooth has completely cut through the gums now and I have zero pain or discomfort of which I am extremely thankful for...until it decides to do it again.

~ I had a FABULOUS time at our church's first ever clothing swap tonight. And it doesn't hurt that I made out with a killer stash of new-to-me clothes too!!

Not only was I thankful to spend a wonderful evening with friends, but of course getting new clothes to add to my growing collection is always something to be thankful for. And yes, pictures of the new stash will be coming...

No comments: