Sunday, March 27, 2011

march mania: day 26 & 27

{what do you think about your friends}

There are so many different levels of friends, and I have realized that lately more than ever. I have also discovered that people have different definitions of a friend. This post describes what I think a true friend should be...and those of my friends who fit that profile, I think quite highly of.

I also have friendships that are a bit newer and haven't developed to their full potential yet. About those friends, I am excited about the possibilities that are in the future to explore those relationships and hopefully grow closer. They are people who I admire and respect and I genuinely want to get to know them better.

I know God has blessed me with wonderful friends, and I need to remember to be thankful for that and remember that it's okay that not everybody is going to like me. Not everybody is going to fit my profile of a true friend, nor will I fit everybody else's profile. I can still celebrate the wonderful friends that I do have, and that's exactly what I plan to do!

{why are you doing this 30 31 day challenge}

I initially took up this March Mania challenge because I had lost some of my blogging mojo. I was mainly down to Thankful Thursday posts and From-The-Inside-Out-Friday posts and felt like I really needed to do more. This helped give me things to post about on a daily basis.

However, about half-way through the month, I was almost regretting deciding to do this. Some of the topics seemed a little useless -- like the random songs on your ipod, the last 5 facebook statuses and what you would find in my bag, to name a few. And not only that, but there were some days when I had other things I wanted to blog about. Sometimes I still did anyway, but other times I just didn't because I didn't want too many days of multiple posts in a day.

But I like to think I'm not a quitter, so I figured I'd follow it through to the end. I will be happy when it's all over in a few days though.

1 comment:

Kathy and Carl said...

Well, I'm glad that you did this challenge, because it's been interesting to read!