Saturday, March 5, 2011

march mania: day 3 & 4

{a picture of you and your friends}

So as it turns out ~ either I don't have a lot of friends, or I just don't take enough pictures of me and my friends! I'm going with the latter one. :)

That being said...here is one of the only pictures I could find for this category! It's a picture of me and some of my friends & neighbors taken last September when we got together in support of another neighbor to do a 5K run to raise money and awareness for Colorectal Cancer. Yes, the picture is just of our behinds because first of all, I didn't get permission from them to post their faces. And secondly, because I think it's funny -- especially since the point was to 'dress up' our bottoms due to the significance of the run.

(Guess which one is me?)


{a habit that you wish you didn’t have}

I'm going to go with 2 habits that I wish I didn't have.

#1: The amount of time I spend on my computer. Luckily (as I briefly mentioned in yesterday's post) I have been taking action this week to do something about this one. Having a laptop right between my living room and dining room/kitchen makes it so simple to be on it all. the. time. It's always open on my little desk, and anytime I walk by it I check if there's anything new to see...an email, a comment on Facebook, etc...and one thing leads to another and before you know it, I have made myself more than comfortable at the computer desk and have wasted so much more time than the few seconds that I originally planned to be on it.

It's something that I have actually been getting quite disgusted at and it bothers me that my children see me engrossed in this habit far too much of the time. So towards the end of this week I have been allowing myself a few checks throughout the day, but in between that I actually shut the laptop down and leave it totally OFF for a few hours in between each check. I have already been amazed at how much of a difference it has made. Not only in how much stuff I get done around the house, but in how much more time I have to spend with my daughters doing things that actually matter -- coloring, playing games, reading.

#2: The number of times I weigh myself during any given day. Thankfully this, too, is something I have been working on just this week. I would always weigh myself anywhere from 4-6 times a day. At least. The last few days has been 2-3 times a day. I know it's still excessive, but it's definitely getting better.

This is also something that I don't want my daughters seeing me do so often. Sure, the scale is in my bathroom so they don't always know when I'm doing it. But there are definitely times when they can see and hear what I'm doing. A few weeks ago Malia even asked me, "Mommy, why do you always do that?" Touche! Not an obsession I need to get them started on, that's for sure!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So much fun Andrea, what a great idea!

Jamie said...

I hear you about the computer thing. That's a really great idea to turn it off in between checks. I may try that too.