Tuesday, March 8, 2011

march mania: day 8

{short term goals for this month and why}

1. Continue decreasing my computer time, as I mentioned on the Day 3 & 4 post about a habit I wish I didn't have. It hasn't even been a full week yet since I started making this drastic change -- but the results are astonishing. I have a lot more patience with the girls, a lot more time to do more productive things, and I find that I am less stressed when I'm not sitting in front of a computer screen for so much of my day. This isn't a goal that is specific to a certain time limit, but so far I've done really well just moderating it. I suppose this is really a long-term goal though, isn't it?

2. Paint the basement! My dear hubby has been working really hard over the past...well, couple of years, at finishing our basement. For the first while that he was working on it, we didn't have the funds to go as hard-core as we would've liked. And then when we finally took out a small loan, he's been so busy with his job that time is now what's limited. But framing, drywall and electrical stuff is all finished and he is getting close to finishing the taping. So up next is finally something that I can help with! I'm hoping that within the next week or two we can start priming and then painting! Now I just need to pick the color...

3. Get back into the 130's with my weight. I have been stuck at 142 pounds for weeks now (months, actually) and I long to see the 3 as my middle digit again. I keep telling myself I'll probably need to wait for the weather to co-operate so I can start running again before I'll see much difference -- but I know that if I really worked at it, I could make it happen without the running.

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

i love love love to paint and i super love taping things off and doing the trim work.

Kathy and Carl said...

Painting, it's totally my happy place. And I know that you can make your goal of getting your weight into the 130's. Think of how far you've already come! You can do the last few pounds.