Wednesday, March 9, 2011

march mania: day 9

{something you're proud of in the past few days}

1. For making my very first homemade soup! I made a hamburger-vegetable soup and not only was it easy, but it was quick. AND the hubby and kids devoured it! I'm not one for trying new things in the kitchen, so this was a big thing for me!

2. For using the self check-out at Sup*rstore for my one single item instead of waiting in line. I always stay away from those things, worried that I'm just going to screw up and make things take longer rather than be quicker in the end.

3. For biting my tongue when I just wanted to let it fly loosely around.

4. For being open to new possibilities on the horizon. Change of pretty much any kind usually terrifies me...but this time, I'm going to pursue it! Details being kept to myself for now -- unless you're in my 'posse' who gets pretty much any and all information about me, whether you want it or not. :)

5. For working out after work today! I always have this mentality that if it's a day that I go to work, I am excused from exercising that day. That may have been okay when I was gone from 7:30am-6:00pm on a work day and needed to immediately come home and work on supper, etc. But my work schedule since September now has me home between 3:30-4:00pm (depending on the number of errands I need to run in The City yet before dashing home to greet the kids after school). So today -- for the very first time -- I decided enough was enough! I came home, took some meat out of the freezer for supper, greeted my kids at the door, sent them outside to play and started my work-out! I am currently doing Jillian Michael's brand new work-out video, "Ripped in 30" which consists of 4 levels of work-outs for you to progress through. With only working out 2-3 days a week, I figured I wouldn't be getting nearly the amount of noticeable difference in my body as if I were doing it 4-5 days a week instead. So...this "working-out after work" business just might become a regular habit! Afterall, my kids are typically watching a TV show with a snack for their first 1/2 hour being home from school, so it's the perfect time!

Wow...looks like I'm proud of quite a few things this week. Yay me!!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

No kidding! Way to go Andrea!

Jenn said...

Wow, first time making soup!? Now you'll be hooked.

Jamie said...

I wish I could make more homemade soups and experiment in general in the kitchen, but I have a certain someone in my house who is stubborn when it comes to trying new foods or eating soup (and it's not one of my kids!). So I feel like my menu is pretty boring but it's not my fault!

Anyway, good for you on all those 'accomplishments.' It feels so good to feel proud of yourself.