Thursday, April 21, 2011

thankful thursday ~ my husband rocks!

I love my husband. Hands down, one of the best decisions I've made in my life is to marry this man; the love of my life!

Our marriage has its ups & downs like everyone else -- but I have zero doubts in my mind that ours is a marriage that will truly last a lifetime. Not only is Les great husband -- but you should see this guy as a Dad.

I love how he plays outside with his kids (when dear ol' Mom prefers to stay indoors), how he is more patient with Malia with her home-reading than I am. How he steps in to discipline when the girls are out of line...but does it with love. How he takes the girls on annual father/daughter camping trips, and how he encourages me to spend time with friends while he stays home with them. How he gives the girls shoulder-rides (even when he's too tired), encourages them to try new things -- like tubing on the river and eating duck meat, and how he spends time praying with them and for them.

I am so thankful for this wonderful Christian man that God placed in my life to not only bless me as a husband but to bless my beautiful children as their Dad. My husband truly does rock.

My sister Tammy is hosting a giveaway, courtesy of Union28, in which you could win a "My Husband Rocks" t-shirt to let the world know that you have a rockin' hubby! You should go on over and check it out...well, or not 'cause I really wanna win. :)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Great dads do make for rockin' husbands!