Monday, June 13, 2011

ask andi

**This is posted on my Mission: Possible blog, but I wanted to post it here too**

This coming Sunday marks my 2 year anniversary since I strapped on my official Weight Loss helmet and embarked on the ride of my life! It was a ride I will never forget ~ and quite honestly, a ride I never really thought I would take.

But I did.

And words seriously can not express the feelings that I went through ~ and still go through ~ when I look back at my journey. I won't get into all of that now, though. That's for another day.

Now is a post to celebrate that it's been 2 years since I started...and I will spend the rest of my life completing the journey, as it is something that I need to consistently work at every single day. But I think I have done really well, since I have pretty much been at my goal weight (give or take 5 pounds) for almost an entire year already! That goes to show that no matter how hard maintaining is, I have found out how to do it if I have already lasted a year.

This Before picture was taken June 2009 at my heaviest weight of 211 pounds. And the After picture was taken July 2010 at 147 pounds (which is 5 pounds heavier than what I am currently sitting at). Click on the picture to enlarge it.

Anyway, the point of this post in celebration of the 2 year mark is to put out the first 'ask andi' segment on this blog. It might be the first and last one depending on how it goes, but I wanted to throw it out there and see what happened. I get asked (in person and via email) A LOT of questions about my journey. Specific questions that I might not have answered in my personal how-to post that I have previously written. A lot of times the questions asked are similar, so I repeat myself a lot. Which is fine, but I figured I could maybe kill a few birds with one stone this way.

So ~ if you have a question about what I did to lose my 70 pounds, or anything regarding weight loss, feel free to ask it here! I don't pretend to be an expert, but I can tell you what worked for me personally. Either comment on this post or send me an email if you want it to be anonymous to andi.andi@live.ca . The plan is to post the Q&A's on my regular Friday post, since that will technically be 2 years of Fridays since I began the journey!

6 comments:

andrea said...

you look amazing! i still am amazed at your hard work...i was going thru pics of myself and shocked at where I was...tho i still feel 'larger'...do you feel thin? or are you mentally feeling you are still carrying the weight yet the mirror says other wise? what would you tell girl in the picture in the left now looking back? i think a more fitter dress for your next picture is in order. i am so proud of you!

Amanda said...

You do look amazing! I need to lose weight but don't have motivation. What got you started on this journey? What was your motivation? What was the hardest part for you on this journey?

Kathy and Carl said...

That is quite the journey, wow! I'm really proud of you. I'm curious, did you count calories? Did you watch carb intake? Monitoring of food or did you just increase your exercise?

And what is your maintenance look like now?

pam said...

How many times a day do you weigh yourself now? ;)

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I'm sure that took a lot of hard work and determination and you should be very proud of yourself!

Sheila said...

You are a huge inspiration! I've always been curious what your workout routine consists of and how often you workout on a daily/weekly basis?