Friday, June 3, 2011

from-the-inside-out friday: current FAVES

I promise sometime soon to get back to 'real' posts...but in the meantime, here's another edition of "From-the-Inside-Out Friday".

I was starting to wonder if perhaps these clothing posts were getting a bit annoying to some people, but first of all -- I kinda like having a bit of a record of what I wear at this time in my life. Since I don't make it into a lot of pictures around here (as I'm usually the one taking the pictures), I want to be able to look back years from now and see what my style used to be.

And secondly, not long ago I saw one of my friends do a Fashion Friday post and I loved seeing her pictures of what she was wearing.

So for those of you who don't enjoy these posts, no offense taken if you skip them. But for others who are as much of a clothes-horse as I am, I hope you enjoy them. Moving right along...

I have two new outfits (or tops, really) that have become quick favorites of mine. And good thing I like them so much since neither of them were exactly a 'steal-of-a-deal'. This first one I actually can't even wear to work. Not because it's not appropriate but because a friend/co-worker of mine has the exact top. And I knew she had it when I bought my own. But it's totally an Andrea-style top, and when I went shopping two weeks ago and happened upon it...and it was the ONLY one left -- in my size -- I just couldn't resist!

Vertical striped flared-sleeved top: $25.00 at Sirens

This next ensemble is something that adds to my really dressy collection. I just paired it with jeans when I wore it the other day to make it a bit more casual, but if I wore it with a skirt or dress pants, I'd be ready for a wedding!

White frilly top: $28.00 at Smart Set
White short-sleeved shrug: $7.00 at Sirens
Silver beaded necklace: $1.00 (yes, you read that right!) at Sirens

By the way, have I mentioned how much I l-o-v-e my skinny jeans? You know -- the ones I swore I'd never get? I don't know how I ever lived without them! ;)

5 comments:

pam said...

Lovely outfits! Although, I don't think you're supposed to wear white to wedding unless you're the bride. ;)

That's great that you're loving your skinny jeans - you look really good in them too. I'm very disappointed in the pair of skinny jeans that I bought. They stretched quite a bit, and now they're baggy-skinny jeans, which is not so cool.

Andrea said...

I'm planning on wearing a white dress to a wedding next Saturday. Well, it will have a large black & pink floral pattern on it...but there is definitely a big chunk of white in it too!

Amanda said...

Love the outfits. You look awesome! Just to let you know I enjoy your friday fashion posts!

TammyIsBlessed said...

Forgot to mention that I loved that pink striped top you were wearing the other night - looked great!

Sheila said...

Aw man!! I tried on that top at Smart Set and I'm STILL kicking myself for not buying it! Its beautiful on you!!!