Thursday, June 2, 2011

thankful thursday

This week, once again, I have so much to be thankful for! It never ceases to amaze me just how blessed I am in the day-to-day things.

* Safety during the first tornado watch of the season ~ even though there was one that briefly touched down in a small town about 10 minutes away.

* Family date night!

* Good health

* The life that God reached down to save

* Singing in the rain

* Girls' night out!

* A new view at the office...in my own office (!!)

* Clothes that make me feel pretty

* Mastering the art of moderation with one of my all-time BIGGEST weaknesses

* Getting tickets to an upcoming concert ~ one of my FAVE Christian bands ~ and the anticipation of taking my daughters to it on a special mother/daughter date!

* God giving us small glimpses of blue sky in what was supposed to be a non-stop cloudy day...a reminder that He is there no matter how gloomy things may seem.

* The mini blizzard ~ the perfect size! (although I still didn't finish mine)

* An at-home day to counteract the busyness of the first 3 days of the week

* That we have more than enough food to sustain us even when 'the monthly grocery trip' has been put off weeks longer than planned.

* Daddy coming home from work early enough yesterday to watch Joelle play soccer (after he has already been able to see Malia play twice)

* The courage to do something that my oldest daughter will greatly benefit from...even though I myself wasn't ready for it (more on this in another post)

* A beautiful sleeping baby right upstairs (my niece)

* Not having enough fingers and toes on which to count my many blessings!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Love counting all our blessings. It's the little everyday stuff, that sometimes goes unnoticed that I love the most.

Living fully right where you are, a good thing for each of us to do!

andrea said...

you have me very curious...i shall await your near post. you have many many blessings! love this!

Sheila said...

Mmmm nutella!! *in Homer Simpson voice*

And that concert sounds like a blast! I hope you and your girls have a BLAST!