Monday, October 3, 2011

1000 gifts: #112 - 127

You may have noticed that last week I did not do a "1000 Gifts" post. I'm ashamed to say that the reason behind that was that I wasn't feeling particularly grateful. But really, there is no better time than that to sit down and reflect on the gifts we have. And when we do that, we will have no other option but to feel over-the-top grateful. So I'm back this week with a wonderful list.

[112] sleeping in on a Monday

[113] celebrating both my sweet girls' birthdays (cake pictures still to come)

[114] getting the girls their first pairs of Ugg Boots - and on sale from $19 down to $8


[115] swept floors

[116] six hours of having the laptop turned off (I must do that more often!)

[117] homemade soup & biscuits for supper


[118] having the girls dub said soup as "the best soup EVER"

[119] fun patterned aprons

[120] the engagement news of my beautiful and wonderful sister-in-law who can't stop grinning

[121] watching (and being a part of) a church family come together in support of friends

[122] awesomely decorated apple pie (not made by me, just to clarify)

[123] fort-building


[124] hearing the sounds of children playing & laughing outside through my open windows

[125] knowing I am not alone

[126] laughing along to my favorite comedy TV shows to help lift my spirits

[127] being able to help an elderly couple on our street in need


"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. "
~ Melody Beattie

5 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

FABULOUS post. i have been reading but i am always so busy to comment...bad bloggy friend. but i HAD to share that i used that EXACT same quote about gratitude in my post scheduled for tomorrow...crazy awesome.

Kathy and Carl said...

I love the last quote that you have. I have been praying for you and glad to hear that as you recall the blessings in your life, it lifts your spirits.

TammyIsBlessed said...

Yay for the engaged couple!!

What kind of soup did you make?

jj (jen f) said...

Love it Andrea and LOVE the quote!!

Infant gift set said...

Wonderful. That is a very long list .. swept floors ?? really did you mean it ?