Thursday, December 15, 2011

forever His child

It's been a r-o-u-g-h week around here, for a variety of reasons. So last night as I was tucking the girls into bed, I was telling them that I was going to be getting myself ready for bed as well.

Joelle giggled and said, "But it's only 8:30! Are you trying to be like a kid again?"

"I wish I could be a kid again," was my quiet reply.

"What?" she questioned, with surprise in her voice. "How come?"

"Because then I could have somebody around to always take care of me."

As I was thinking those same line of thoughts this morning - during an especially dark time - I was reminded that, really, I am Someone's child. And that I do always have Somebody around to take care of me. I just need to let Him.

So...I did.

4 comments:

LaughingLady said...

If there was a "Like" button like on FB, I'd be clicking it and then saying, "LOVE" in the comment space.

Not much else to say ~ maybe "beautiful."

andrea said...

love this! and you are soooo precious to HIM!

Gin said...

Not sure what's happening but I care and will pray because we both know that God knows what's happening. HUGS!

Jody said...

Beautiful. Thank you Andrea.