Monday, January 9, 2012

1000 gifts: #249 - 263

It's been several weeks since I participated in my regular weekly "100 Gifts" posts. Sure, part of it is because it's been busy with the holidays and all - but if I'm being honest, another part of it is that I was just too focused on counting my miseries lately rather than my gifts. So today it was absolutely essential that I take this time to continue my list.

[249] our very own national anthem singer while watching sports games

[250] silver linings
[251] grace
[252] new traditions springing from an older generation of loved ones

[253] piano duets with my oldest daughter

[254] crazy coincidences that make you smile
[255] glorious family time
[256] the potential for possible closure
[257] challenges that help you grow
[258] these two beautiful sisters

[259] getting lost in song
[260] a well-timed hug
[261] speaking through silence
[262] ringing in the new year with my 3 most favorite people

[263] a kid's spin-off of a hilarious group game (Quelf Jr.)

"This day and your life ... are God's gift to you , so give thanks and be joyful always!"
~ Anonymous

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It's amazing to see how God breathes life and grace into all things. By a simple task of taking the time to count His graces can be the difference between sorrow and gladness, freedom and bondage, light and darkness.

So glad your counting friend!

Jenn said...

There's always things to be thankful for when we look hard enough. I always love your lists.
We are enjoying Quelf Jr too!