Tuesday, January 10, 2012

a clean heart

This winter ~ especially this past week ~ has been very mild. Today I think it even got up to 6*C (42*F). Almost unheard of for this time of year.

While driving around these days, it takes hardly no time at all for the windshield to be covered in messy splatter from the road and other vehicles around you. I'm not one to tolerate a messy windshield for very long. I'll over-use the wipers rather than under-use.

Because I like a clean view. Unobstructed. I don't like it tainted with distracting dirt and grime.

I wish I felt as strongly about my heart. That it would be clean. Unobstructed. Untainted with distracting dirt and grime.

But I don't seem to turn on my internal 'wipers' as often as I do my vehicle ones. My heart is often clouded with far too much 'stuff' that it makes it difficult to see life clearly.

The 'windshield wiper fluid' is available for me to use at any time. At the slightest hint of any dirt coming in contact with my heart, I could get rid of it if I wanted to.

And I do. I really, really do.


"Create in me a clean heart, oh God. And renew a right spirit within me."
~ Keith Green


2 comments:

Gin said...

Wow....this post has hit me right between the eyes! Thanks for your honesty.

TammyIsBlessed said...

You always come up with such awesome analogies. This one's a zinger!