Thursday, January 19, 2012

i just couldn't help it

I have been working at putting less emphasis on outward appearances lately - hence the stop of my "From the Inside Out Friday" posts. I have no problem with buying nice, trendy things and looking fashionable. But I think it can be done quietly without trying to attract too much attention to ourselves.

This is something I want to pass on to my girls as well. While purchasing clothes as they grow is a necessity - and while I'm at it, the clothes I buy might as well be fun and cute things - the focus should be more on our inner beauty than outer beauty.

BUT...after scoring a really awesome find at a thrift store this week for Joelle - I couldn't help but ooh and ahh over it a little bit in her presence.

And then I couldn't help but post a picture of it to share it with the rest of you!

This is a top that I would totally wear and I was so pumped to find it for the low, low price of $2.99 - it looks brand new! Joelle loves the 'flying squirrel' sleeves that she's seen on a few of my tops - and that Les makes fun of. :)

Malia is already itching for Joelle to out-grow it so she can have next dibs!

2 comments:

pam said...

Very nice! And I like the red streak too. :)

Kathy and Carl said...

Very cute! Yeah, at our house it's the same way....Kezia has something cute and Asha whispers to her, "One day you'll be too big for that, but I won't!".