Sunday, May 13, 2012

happy mother's day

For Mother's Day this year I did something I've never done before - I wrote a song! It wasn't really planned; it just sorta happened. I sang it for my Mom (and Dad and sisters) on Friday evening and then shared it in church this morning.

This recording is just done on my phone so it's not the greatest quality, but the lyrics are included right below the video.

And once again...Happy Mother's Day Mom. I love you!!



FOR ALL THE TIMES

For everytime you held my hand
When I was afraid
For all the times you kissed my cheek
After every mistake that I made
You showed me how to love
You showed me how to care
And when I ever felt unsure
God's love for me you shared

All the times I slammed the door
When I didn't like what you said
And when I wanted to shut you out
I put a pillow over my head
Your forgiveness was always there
You never gave up on me
With God's love in your eyes
You always saw who I could be

CHORUS:
Thank you for loving me
For all you sacrificed
For teaching me grace and honesty
For all of your advice
The impact of your presence
In my life and in my heart
Will never be forgotten
Whether near or far apart

The first time I bought a car
Got a job and a special ring
I always wanted to share the news with you
'Cause I knew the smiles that it would bring
I knew you'd always get excited
Over the big things and the small
And if something didn't go my way
I knew you'd catch me if I would fall

CHORUS:
Thank you for loving me
For all you sacrificed
For teaching me grace and honesty
For all of your advice
The impact of your presence
In my life and in my heart
Will never be forgotten
Weather we're near or far apart

When I had a problem too big for me
And I didn't know what to do
You'd bow your head and drop to your knees
And that's how I always knew
You prayed for me every morning
You prayed for me noon and night
You prayed whatever choices I'd make
My future would always be bright


BRIDGE:
And now that I'm all grown up
And have children of my own
Because of your example
They will never be alone

For everytime they are afraid
All the times they'll slam the door
When they want to share their news with me
When all they need is prayer and nothing more
I'll show them how to love
I'll show them I'll always forgive
I'll teach them to trust God in prayer
Is the only way to live

2nd CHORUS:
I promise to love them
And make the sacrifice
I'll teach them grace and honesty
And give them my advice
The impact of their presence
In my life and in my heart
Will never be forgotten
Weather we're near or far apart

ENDING:
Thank you for loving me
And all you sacrificed

4 comments:

LaughingLady said...

That's BEAUTIFUL, Andrea!! So beautiful.

Melissa said...

So beautiful Andrea:)

TammyIsBlessed said...

I`m glad I got to be there to watch and hear you play and sing it for mom. Excellent job song writing!!

Rose said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Mom!